- Breads: ("Eggy Pop-Overs: Three cups flower, three cups milk, three eggs. Beat eggs twenty minutes, add milk and flour. Bake in a quick oven.")
- Meats, Etc. (recipes for Salt Cod, Potted Shad, Beef Tea, Green Corn Oysters)
- Pies, Puddings, Etc. (Best Indian Pudding, Imitation Mince Pie- a long section)
- Cakes (A much longer section)
- Fancy (Almond tarts! Meringues!)
- Salads, Pickles, Etc. (Grape Pickles, Brine For Frying Pork)
- Miscellaneous ( Cures for Boils, Dysentary, Poisoning, Small Pox, and Warts also- How To Choose Meat and Cook a Steak)
1 cup brown sugar1 tablespoon ginger1/2 cup molasses1 cup vinegar1 quart watermix all ingredients and chill with ice.